Thursday, June 27, 2013

Skin Care Routine!


Recently after coming back from a very stressful and crazy last few months at university, filled with exams, a few too many late nights and general unhealthiness my skin was looking pretty dull and spotty. After a week or so at home back on the healthy wagon it wasn't looking much better; so I turned to my skincare routine and thought I would make a few changes to see if anything improved. The changes were also slightly fuelled by all the skincare bloggers putting up post after post on skincare, and inspiring me to look at a few new products. 

My routine before was nothing special and blatantly wasn't doing anything for my skin. I was using the Liz Earle Cleanser in the evening and not even washing my face in the morning ... I know! What was I thinking?! Then applying Clinique's dramatically different moisturising lotion, and that was it. Not a particularly good routine what so ever! But after a few purchases and a completely different out look on my skin, my routine looks a lot different! 

Morning routine - 

 Every morning I apply Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser and remove it with a warm muslin cloth before splashing my face with cold water. The cold water helps to cool my face down as I have problems with redness. Then I apply my moisturiser which is the Vichy Aqualia Thermal all over my face and then apply my Origins Gin Zing Eye Cream

Evening Routine- 

To remove all my makeup from the day I use the Bioderma water all over my face and eyes. This is my first step in cleansing my face and it makes a huge difference to the rest of my routine. Then I move on to use the Liz Earle Cleanser again to remove the last traces of my makeup and give my face a bit more moisture. Sometime I will apply the Liz Earle cleanser twice if I feel I need it. Then I moisture and apply my eye cream just as I do in the morning. 

Now I am not saying this is the perfect routine, I want to include a toner in their somewhere but I am still doing some research into what will be the best one for me (If you have any suggestions they would be appreciated!). But this is the best my skin has looked and felt for a long time! This is mainly down the the Vichy moisturiser I think which has worked wonders for my dry skin. 

So I am pretty happy with all of the new additions and it's fair to say I am coming pretty skincare obsessed! I feel like my makeup looks and feels so much better on my skin because of this routine and I am actually having to wear much less of it which is a bonus! All of the products listed here will have or have reviews done on them on my blog so click on any of the underlined products if you are interested about a more in depth look into them. 

Have you guys been into skincare lately? Do you have any products you think I should have in my routine? 



No comments:

Post a Comment