Monday, June 17, 2013

Letters Are Underrated


Hey Guys!
Since this is my first post on my new blog, I wanted to talk about something that is personal to me. I know it's always hard to get to know someone through a few words and images on the screen but I hope I give you a wee insight into me with this post. 

As you can tell by the title I want to have a wee chat about letters. To me they are undoubtedly one of the best way of communication! Okay ... they aren't the fastest or the easiest, however they are the happiest! That sounds a bit odd I suppose, describing letters as happy; But they most definitely are. 

For me letters are so exiting! Actually thinking about what you are going to say to someone rather than replying in a few seconds to a text is refreshing. We live in a world where social media has taken over, where instant gratification is the sign of a great product. I am not saying I could be without my trusty iphone, which hardly leaves my side. However, writing letters to people and waiting for a reply is so much more fun in the long run! 

This topic is relevant to me at the moment, as it's summer and all of my university friends are scattered around the country, and the world! Okay I can communicate with them fairly easily in this day and age through text, facebook and email. But this summer we are doing things a little different! A few of my friends and I have decided to write letters to each other. I have been loving it! I get so excited when one of the little envelopes comes through the door and I can't wait to read what they have written. I love the feeling of waiting for something to arrive, its like waiting for a present and by writing to multiple friends I get these little envelopes of happiness through the door around every week. 

So letters are happy! The ones I have been receiving are full of summer plans and things to look forward to. They are also tangible and you can store them away as little memories, and they are so fun to look back on in years to come. 

So what do you guys think? Are letters just facebook messages that cost to send and take days to come in the post? Or are they pages of words with actually meaning, that took time and effort for someone to create just for you? Let me know! I personally love them :) I hope you enjoyed this little musing of mine! I will be doing a beauty post in the next few days so keep tuned for that!

Speak soon :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment